One of the things that makes roses the all-time most popular flower is the fact that every color has its own distinct meaning. When it comes to Valentine’s Day, these meanings are especially important. If you’d like to learn how to send the right message with roses, Gainan’s Flowers is happy to show you what each shade represents.
- Red: Red is the color of love, which is why red roses are so popular around Valentine’s Day. Send bright reds as a sign of love, romance or respect, and dark reds to someone who is unaware of their own beauty.
- Pink: A sweet and feminine color, pink roses will show your appreciation of someone’s grace, refinement and elegance. Pale pinks convey your happiness and admiration, while the deep, dark pinks are a great way to give thanks.
- White: These flowers represent weddings, which makes them a great way to honor a brand new relationship or a new love. White roses also symbolize innocence, purity, chastity and humility.
- Cream: Pale creamy roses are sent to show that you’re thinking of someone or to say that you think they are charming. Like pink roses, roses in shades of cream are also sometimes used as a sign of gratitude.
- Yellow: These roses once represented jealousy, but today, the meaning has changed. The sunny color of the yellow rose now signifies joy, friendship and affection. You can also use these flowers to welcome someone or as a sign of remembrance.
- Peach: Because of their soft, delicate color, peach roses are considered the flower of modesty. You can also use them to send a message of sincerity, gratitude or appreciation.
- Orange: The fiery orange rose is the perfect way to convey energy, enthusiasm or excitement. Salmon shades of orange signify desire.
- Lavender: The most mysterious of all roses, the rare lavender rose lets your special someone know that you’re under their spell. With meanings of enchantment, desire and love at first sight, these beauties make a great Valentine’s Day flower!
Some color combinations also have their own special significance. For example, red and white roses together are a symbol of unity. A bouquet of red and yellow roses expresses the utmost joy, while yellow roses with red tips say that you’re falling in love with someone.
If you’d like to learn more about what the different colors mean, check out our handy rose meanings page! When you’re ready to send the right message, Gainan’s Flowers will be delighted to help you choose the perfect roses.