When a friend or loved one needs hospitalization, it’s important to sympathize, show support and let them know you care. Sending flowers is a great way to do all of that. Flowers are a beautiful way to communicate your feelings, well-wishes and hope. They also are proven to lift spirits and bring a smile to your recipient’s face. But with so many choices, selecting the most appropriate flowers can be a big task.
The professionals at Gainan’s Flowers and Garden Center are here to break down the process for you, step by step, with tips and tricks for selecting the best blooms, sending the message you want to convey, and navigating Billings area hospital policies along the way. Read on for some great tips about sending get-well flowers.
Tips for Selecting the Best Blooms
There are a few smart ideas to remember when it comes to selecting get-well flowers. The best choice, however, is the patient’s favorite colors and styles. If you’re not sure what they like, or if you just want to be careful to send something appropriate, take a look at these quick tips.
- Choose flowers that come in durable containers. In the event that your chosen offering is knocked over or moved to a new spot, having a sturdy vase or container will keep your blooms protected.
- Choose flowers in smaller arrangements. Opt for medium to smaller designs when sending get-well flowers to a hospital. Space constrictions in hospital rooms call for a less-is-more approach.
- Choose flowers that are long-lasting and low-maintenance. With bright hope that your patient will be going home soon, a long-lasting plant or floral design that’s easy to care for will be a blessing to them.
- Choose flowers that are allergy-free. Non-odorous, hypo-allergenic blooms are a win-win in a medical facility, where anyone could be allergy-prone.
- Choose flowers that are bright and happy, like our Sunflower Fields Bouquet. Whether or not you know your loved one’s favorite colors and varieties of flowers, bright, cheerful flowers like daisies and sunflowers will make a world of difference and brighten their day.
Sunflower Fields Bouquet
Choose Meaningful Flowers to Convey Your Well-Wishes
Throughout history, flowers have often been a means of communicating emotions and sentiments. Choose an arrangement with a combination of these popular get-well blooms to tell your loved one how much you care:
- Lilies: A bright, trumpet-shaped bloom like the bright yellow Asiatic lily in our Enchantment Bouquet symbolizes life and good fortune.
- Hydrangea: These fluffy, cloud-like blooms not only symbolize perseverance; they are actually long-lasting themselves.
- Delphinium: Representing protection and all things positive, delphinium’s tall stalk, as featured in our Fascination Bouquet, is covered with colorful blooms.
- Carnations: A fresh favorite, these frilly blooms can symbolize pure love and good luck.
- Mums: With so many varieties and colors to choose from, mums will offer optimism, joy and long life.
- Heather: These dark-blue bell-shaped blooms represent good luck and protection.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect flowers with the right message, there a few things to check out before sending them. Call your local hospital to determine the best delivery times, as well as your loved one’s room number. When placing your order with your florist, be sure to provide the medical center’s full name and address, as well as the patient’s full name and room number. You and your loved one will be glad you went the extra mile to brighten their spirits. For more tips and advice on sending get-well flowers, talk to Gainan’s Flowers and Garden Center. We’re here to bring our expertise and professionalism to every design you send.
For sample Get Well messages to include with your flowers, or tips on how to write the perfect Get Well message, visit our Card Messaging page.